How to: find Connection String in Visual Studio 2010

This article is about how to generate or find  correct Database Connection String for your application in visual studio 2010. Most of the time people  download project from internet link, there might be chance for error due to database connection string failure. This article will helps and show a simple way to find the exact Connection String.

Getting Started
Open Visual Studio, create/open a Web Site, and click on Tools - Connect to Database option.

Step 1: In the Server Explorer window. provide Server Name and user authentication detail then select the appropriate database.
(Find the below screenshot for your reference)


Step 2: Click on Test Connection, Success dialog should come. If it is not coming then repeat Step 1 process.
(Find the below screenshot for your reference)


Step 3: Click on Advanced Properties button and copy the connection string.

In order to use this connection string into visual studio web.config, copy and paste it into connection string node under web.config -


I tried to present to get the correct Connection String using Visual Studio. Hope this article helped you, please  feel free to post more about it. Please share comments.


Post a Comment

3 Comments

  1. Just wish to say your article is as astounding. The clearness in your post is simply cool and
    i could assume you are an expert on this subject. Fine with your permission allow me to grab your feed to keep up to date with forthcoming post.
    Thanks a million and please continue the gratifying
    work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there! I'm at work browsing your blog from
    my new iphone 3gs! Just wanted to say I love reading
    your blog and look forward to all your posts!
    Carry on the superb work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Greetings I am so grateful I found your blog page, I really
    found you by error, while I was looking on Digg for something else, Anyways I
    am here now and would just like to say thanks for a tremendous post
    and a all round enjoyable blog (I also love the
    theme/design), I don’t have time to look over it all at the moment but I have saved it and also included your RSS feeds, so
    when I have time I will be back to read much more, Please do keep up the awesome work.

    ReplyDelete