Common uses of the blob storage are –
- Serving images or files directly to a browser
- Get distributed access of the data
- Streaming Video/Audio file
- Perform secure backup
We will go through each operation step by step and cover the following topics-
- Downloading of an image from Azure Blob Storage
- Uploading of an image to Azure
For doing the above both operation we need to have few values as mentioned below –
- Storage account – This we can get while initially set-up the storage account in blob. Let’s say tStorageAccount (just a variable name for the reference).
- Container name – This is a container which is created in blob for storing of files. Let’s say tBlob (just a variable name for the reference).
- Account key – Available in blob storage account. There is a clickable item ‘Manage Keys’. Click on it, a dialog box will appear with account key. This is just a long string of random characters.
- Connection string – A valid connection string is required. This contains-
- Protocol (DefaultEndpointsProtocol=https)
- Account name (AccountName=_AccountName)
- Account key (AccountKey=qJWc2hzcTKTVau3G7SWFAw+vW0quoldFsFPA++QM5z8jooV1l1H9T)